The Secret? I’ve read it.
Change your life in Seven Days? I’ve read it.
The Happiness Project? I’ve read it.
How to get have your cake and eat it too? Is that a real book? It’s a great title and if I saw it on the shelf in the self-help section I would buy it straight away.
I am on a journey of bettering myself. I’ve visualised, attracted, journalled, meditated and even given my inner wise self her own name (it’s Emma by the way). Once I walked 100km without sleeping to challenge myself to be better. And No, I won’t be doing that anytime soon and by anytime soon I mean ever.
According to the Messiah (Google), the self-help industry is a billion dollar industry. It seems everyone just wants to be a little bit better. There’s always room for improvement, right?
If you are like me and prone to spending your hard earned cash on books to make you awesome, then this list is for you. I have whittled the self-help industry down to ten easy to follow points. That way you can save your moolah and still achieve the required result of being fabulous.
1. Trust your instincts – you know that little voice inside you that tells you what to do (not the one that
tells you to drink a bottle of wine – the other one.) That’s the one that knows what it is talking
about. Listen to it!
2. Imagine your success – corny as it may sound, visualisation is a powerful tool. It allows you to see
the possibilities. Once you can see the possibilities in your mind, you can live them.
3. Be your own best friend/cheerleading squad – no one else is going to be there for you your entire life
so you may as well support yourself.
4. Eat well and exercise daily – simple, but effective.
5. Ditch the haters – no one needs a frenemy.
6. Surround yourself with people you admire – according to somebody very intelligent. I can’t
remember exactly who – you are the sum total of the five people you spend the most time with.
So make them a good bunch.
7. Reflect – Reflection helps you to see where you went right and where you went wrong and then
learn from it.
8. Create a sacred space just for you – when you’re a Mama or you’re flatting or whatever, this can be
very hard – but it’s essential. Every woman needs a man cave.
9. Don’t make any rash decisions when you have PMS – I made that one up.
10. Love yourself – this is hardest but the most important one of all.
There. Done! If you follow these easy (hahahaha) steps, you will be officially awesome.
Note: if you manage to follow these steps you will receive a certificate of awesomeness from Le Petite Mania