I say to myself "Would you like to go on a date with me, Mariana?"
and then I reply "Why yes, I would love to, Mariana."
"And what would you like to do?"
"Should we go to a yoga class then out for a glass of bubbly wine?"
"Fuck yeah we should!"
Things I have done on my dates (with myself):
- Gone to United Video and chosen 5 movies for $10 then watched them ALL. Yes, I do love the movie Clueless.
- Eaten chocolate and watched The Kardashians.
- Gone for a walk along the beach with my shoes off.
- Stayed in a fancy hotel for a night eating fresh fruit and watching shitty telly.
- Perused a bookstore for a VERY long time.
- Drank ridiculously expensive red wine while eating marshmallows.
But, the beauty of dating yourself is that you can do whatever you like. You also learn about yourself too.
I am an awesome date. I'm really funny, I get ready quickly when it's time to go out so I don't have to wait long for myself, I can walk a very long way and I never grizzle.
I have learnt that I actually like to spend time with myself. I listen to the best music and I don't talk about anyone behind their back. I don't ask annoying questions and I certainly pay for every meal.
My advice is: Start dating yourself. You never know what you might discover about the person whose body you've been inhabiting for the past however many years!