Sherrie Bourg Carter, a psychologist, explains that there are 6 important reasons why you need to spend time alone:
1. Being alone helps you reboot your brain.
2. Being alone helps you improve concentration and increase productivity.
3. Being alone helps you find your own voice.
4. Being alone can enhance your relationships with others.
5. Being alone provides you with time to think deeply.
6. Being alone helps you work through your problems more effectively.
So why oh why oh why do we always feel guilty when we want to take some time out for ourselves?